It’s been a long time since my last blog post and I sincerely apologize for that! Life just keeps getting in the way and it leaves me to wonder if it will EVER slow down! I’m thinking not. It seems to me that the older we get, the busier life becomes! I think it might be that way because time speeds up as we age. It really does. Or so it seems.
This year has been a challenging one. I’ve had to deal with deaths in the family and despite my beliefs, the fact that we pass into spirit and abide there quite happily, it doesn’t lessen the pain of physical separation. I KNOW they are fine. I KNOW they are having an amazing experience in the spirit world, but (there’s always a “but” isn’t there?) I miss their physical presence.
When people ask me how I’ve come to KNOW what I know, well it’s an answer based on faith and personal experience. I gauge my convictions (what I have come to accept as truth) on my “gut feelings”…which I believe is my soul communicating with me. When MY truth is not accepted by others…well I’m fine with that. After all, everyone must live THEIR truth. That’s all any of us can do. We must each live our OWN TRUTH and what YOU have come to KNOW, is YOUR truth.
The people who visit my blog and ask me questions are spiritually inspired to do that and I am spiritually inspired to answer them when I can! Not always do answers come to me and I’m not going to make them up just to have something to say. If someone asks a question that baffles me, I will ponder it, wait for an answer to come and if it doesn’t, then I am not ready for that particular truth.
Nothing in life is by happenstance. Nothing is circumstantial. Nothing is a coincidence. Nothing is by luck. All things that occur…EVERY SINGLE THING that happens…is by spiritual design.
So given that understanding, it is our God-given RIGHT to question the things that happen. It’s RIGHT to ask WHY. We are intelligent beings and we have this inherent need to understand. That’s why we are here, living in this crazy world, going through all this crap and all the joys that life brings our way. We are seeking to learn, to understand and to KNOW the truth of it all. Understand this, my friends…the truth is a layered thing. When you uncover ONE truth, there lies another beneath it. The more you dig, the more you seek, the more you learn, the more truth you uncover.
Death is about the worst thing we must all eventually deal with. As emotionally painful as it is for those of us left behind, it is the opposite for those crossing into spirit. Death for them is a new glorious beginning. For most people anyway. There are some…like those who lived their lives inflicting pain and mayhem on others…who won’t find the afterlife quite so glorious. That’s because they will end up feeling even MORE emotional pain than what they caused! They will NOT rejoice in what they’ve done. They will want to make amends. They will want forgiveness…not just from their victims but from themselves.
When a spirit crosses over…it is the MOST peaceful experience they’ll ever know as a physical being. Those who die in horrific ways are seen to by other spiritual beings before they even cross over! The horror they experienced will become like a fading dream to them. They will eventually remember what happened, for our whole life (and any others we lived!) will become fully known to us, but we will have no attachment to any of the drama.
When a person first crosses into spirit and they realize the truth of it, the fact that it REALLY WAS PEACEFUL and easy and natural and wonderful, the first thing they want to do is comfort those still in physical life who now mourn for them! They want to reassure their loved ones that they are fine! They want to share the good news, the fact they are more alive than they’ve ever felt in this limited experience of three-dimensional life.
The fact is, many of them find ways to get a message through. BUT the signs they make are often ignored, dismissed, or misinterpreted.
Since I get asked quite often on how to know if their loved ones have tried to contact them, I wanted to write this post with the most common ways that I KNOW of. Either from my experience or from those of countless others. If you know of other ways in which a loved one came through, please share it with us! We all want to know so we can look for the signs as well!
- We see our loved on in a dream. The dream state is when we are closest to our spiritual state and so it is a common means for them to visit with us!
- When just drifting off to sleep or just waking up, we see our loved one standing (or sitting) near us! This is very common! I can’t even tell you how many people have shared stories with me about this happening to them! It seems to happen when death is imminent or soon after a loved one has crossed over. BUT, others have had this experience even years after their loved one passed, so time doesn’t really matter. This sort of thing occurs when our conscious mind is relaxed…as it is when we are about to fall asleep or when we are just waking up. Our watchful Ego hasn’t put the filter in place to keep the two worlds “apart” and so a “sighting” occurs! As for your Ego keeping things at bay, well, don’t get too upset about it…that’s it’s job.
- When we suddenly smell something that makes you think of a loved one in spirit. If there is a smell that you associate with a loved one who has passed…they are close by! The sense of smell seems to be one of the easier ways for them to come through to us. I’m not sure why and I won’t worry about the reasons for it. I just KNOW this to be true!
- When a loved one who has passed suddenly pops into your mind…though you weren’t thinking about them or doing anything to make you think about them…then you are indeed experiencing a visit from their spiritual self! They especially come to us when we are anxious or worried or feeling down for they want to offer their spiritual support.
- When their picture suddenly falls from the wall or pops up in a place it shouldn’t be…or maybe an item that belonged to them is discovered out of place (not where it should be!)…rest assured, it is your loved one letting you know they are with you!
- When you suddenly see their name…or maybe a phrase or word that you associate with them…on a license plate, a bill board, whatever, wherever…and you immediately think of someone who has passed. A sure bet that person is paying you a spiritual visit!
- When something unusual occurs while talking about someone in spirit…it’s them saying “I’m here!” In other words, if something happens that makes you think…now why did that just happen? Then that is your dear, departed loved one letting you know he or she is with you!
- If something from nature suddenly comes around you…be it a bird, a butterfly, an insect, an animal…SOMETHING that makes you stop and wonder about it, that is most definitely someone from spirit trying to come through!
- When a song suddenly comes on the radio or is played from some other media that makes you think of a loved one who has passed…that is your loved one letting you know they are with you!
- Honestly, ANYTHING that happens that makes you think of a loved one in spirit…that IS your loved one in spirit letting you know they are with you!
So, when any of these things happen to you and you are suddenly thinking about someone who is residing in spirit, then they are indeed with you and they will understand you when you speak to them. Their soul mingles with yours and WORDS are not necessary. Not to them. Words are, however, necessary to us so go ahead and TALK! Tell them what you want to tell them. Laugh. Cry. Rejoice. Mourn. Let your feelings go and be in the moment. LET THEM IN to your thoughts! I tell you this, whatever suddenly filters through your mind, words or feelings that seem to be coming from them…it is not your imagination making it all up. They are truly talking to you, putting those thoughts there and they are sharing their feelings with you! These experiences are always positive. If they are not…then stop the communication. LOVED ones in spirit will do NOTHING to make you feel bad. ALL interaction with them is LOVING and GOOD and POSITIVE. This I know because I have experienced it myself. This I know because so many, many people have told me of their experiences. This I know because I KNOW and I do not question what IS. This, my dear friends, is MY truth and it can be YOURS as well!
I hope this helps! Let me know your experiences! Share with us!! Most of all…be in peace!
Just a quick note for fiction readers! All of my books include the things I’ve learned about the spirit world into their stories. I believe each of them are spiritually inspired. If you find “ghost” stories interesting, then you might like them! If you’d like to check them out, just click on the picture and it will take you to my author page on Amazon. Thanks! Blessings!